The eagles scored 7 fewer touchdowns than the bobcats. How many touchdowns did the two teams score altogether?
CIS 336 Week 6 Assignment 3 – IT Support for Virtual Teams
Assignment 3: IT Support for Virtual Teams
Due Week 6 and worth 105 points
Global organizations have branches that are located in multiple countries. Some of these organizations develop software and take advantage of the global talent pool of software developers while others have global technical support teams, customer service, and so on. Virtual teams are created when two or more people work together from different locations, organizations, times zone, and / or time shifts. Global organizations use virtual teams in order to provide global support, reduce travel costs, reduce training costs, and take advantage of local cultural knowledge that may impact the organization’s operations.
Write a two to three (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Examine five (5) issues that the IT department is likely to face when it comes to supporting virtual teams.
- Create an architectural diagram that shows how the virtual teams would collaborate and access common repositories for documents, software, development, and testing facilities. Use Visio or an equivalent such as Dia. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- Describe five (5) advantages and five (5) disadvantages of using virtual teams for the organizations described in the scenario.
- Describe challenges imposed by:
- IT / IS national standards and propose how they could be handled or resolved.
- Protocols and propose how they could be handled or resolved.
- Procedures on virtual teams and propose how they could be handled or resolved.
- Compare and contrast virtual teams and traditional teams with respect to communications, technology use, and team diversity.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in Visio or an equivalent such as Dia. The completed diagrams / charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the process of administering enterprise systems, including the use of virtualization and monitoring, power and cooling issues.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in enterprise architecture.
- Write clearly and concisely about enterprise architecture topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
- Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.
Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.
Week 3 Discussion 1 – Data Teams and Data-Driven Dialogue
After completing this week’s Readings and Resources, access the links below and watch the videos.
One of the ways to bring everyone on your staff into the conversation is collaboration through data teams and data-driven dialogue. While these will not replace the importance of each teacher’s using data to inform instruction, it is a way to facilitate effective “agents of change.”
- As you view the videos, where have you seen this type of collaboration in your school?
- Do the teachers in your school feel as passionate as the teachers in these videos?
- If you were the school executive, what would you change as you compare/contrast what you see in the videos to what you see taking place in your building?
Your initial response is due by 11:55 p.m. Eastern Time on Wednesday and should be between 200-250 words. The initial posting should be a statement of your point of view on the question, supported by the required readings.
Part 1: Building a Team
There are different types of funding, and funding is needed and used for many reasons, including program improvements, updates to comply with licensing requirements, and purchase of new equipment and materials.
Following is a scenario that can affect any center: You are the director of a year-round center that has 12 infants, 21 toddlers and 30 preschoolers. The local schools have shared that there is a need for after school and summer vacation care for school-age children. You are looking to expand your program and add 20 school-age children to collaborate with the community and schools. You need to find funding for this program expansion. Raising rates is not an option.
To complete this part of the assignment, address the following in a minimum of three (3) pages:
- Who would you include on your team to propose funding from local sources? Aside from other ECE professionals and families, keep in mind that your team can consist of members of organizations, businesses, or local groups you might not normally think of including that supports your cause and can contribute in some way.
- What tasks need to get done? Create a checklist of these tasks.
- Who do you choose to do each task and why?
- Acknowledging the diverse perspectives and skill sets of these people, explain how they can all work together to achieve this common goal of raising funds.
- Explain how you would plan ahead to keep your plan on track in case a team member cannot fulfill his or her role/obligation.
Part 2: Addressing an Ethical Dilemma
A team member has been chosen to complete an application for a grant at a local bank. In her grant proposal, she shared confidential information about a family of a child with special needs without permission–thinking this information would strengthen the team’s chances of getting the grant.
To complete this part of the assignment, address the following in a minimum of two (2) pages in the same document you started in Part 1:
- What ethical implications are there?
- What would you say to the team member to explain, in a professional and courteous yet firm way, the ethical issues presented by her actions even though you may agree with her approach?
- How would you explain to this team member why sharing confidential information is not in the best interest of the family or the child?
Evaluation of your team’s context: In this assignment, you will conduct a contextual support analysis of a team on which you have worked or observed and the issues the team dealt with (1000 – 1250 words, double-spaced). What are the positive and negative?
Topic:leading groups and teams
Order 2463651: Collaborative teams
Prepare a report on leading teams. In your report, address the following:
- Evaluate the value of leadership intelligence (including emotional, social, cultural, technical, etc. intelligences required of a leader) in leading teams. Be sure to consider culturally diverse teams.
- Assess the important indicators of leading with intelligence in organizations (emotional, cultural, etc.). What is seen, heard, experienced when leadership intelligence is or is not present?
- Analyze some of the social and organizational consequences of not leading with intelligence (emotional, cultural, etc…)
- Defend at least three ways that organizations might increase leadership intelligence (emotional, cultural, etc.) organization wide. Defend your recommendations with research.
Recommendation for the level one headings for the body of your paper:
Leading with Leadership Intelligence
Indicators of Intelligent Leadership
Social and Organizational Consequences
Increasing Emotional Intelligence Organization Wide
Katzenbach, J.R., & Khan, Z. (2010). Leading outside the lines: How to mobilize the informal organization, energize your team, and get better results. San Francisco, CA: Jossey- Bass: 9780470589021
The IEP meeting typically has a specific process that is followed in order to meet required steps as outlined by IDEA. The video, The IEP Team Process: Chapter 5- The IEP meeting (Links to an external site.), simulates an annual IEP team meeting in progress that begins with introductions and concludes with the parents being given a copy of the written documents in which they are then asked to provide their signatures indicating consent. To ensure that each step in the IEP process is being addressed, an agenda is disseminated before the meeting officially begins. The written agenda may also include a copy of meeting ground rules and the student’s schedule among other informative items.
Read the following brief article, “When the IEP Team Meets (Links to an external site.),” which explains the required elements of the IEP team meeting process as governed by the IDEA. Using support from this article, your required course textbook, and the Instructor Guidance address the following components:
- In at least one paragraph summarize each person’s role and contribution to Destini’s IEP meeting.
- In a total of at least three paragraphs provide the details of three types of required information that the IEP written document must contain at the conclusion of the meeting.
- In at least two paragraphs discuss the typical procedures that occur during the IEP team meeting.
- In at least one paragraph review the importance of placing this information in writing.
- In at least one paragraph describe the process of deciding placement.
- In at least one paragraph, explain two points of implementing the child’s IEP according to the IDEA.
- Syntax and Mechanics: Exhibit meticulous use of grammar, spelling, organization, and usage throughout your submission.
- Organization: Use the above listed guidelines for explicit sections/headings within your paper.
- Paragraphs: Write at least nine paragraphs (4 pages) that include a topic sentence not including an introductory paragraph and a concise conclusion.
- Source Requirement: Reference at least three scholarly sources, which may include your course textbook and the required article in order to provide compelling evidence to support your ideas.
- Additional Page Requirement: Your submission must include a title and reference page.
- APA format: All in text citations, page format, and references must be written in APA 6th edition format.
In this discussion, you will be creating a database of resources that will be useful for collaborative teams that provide transition services. Imagine that you are part of the transition team for Kara, who is depicted in Chapter 16 of your textbook, “Snapshot: Transition Planning for Kara:”
Kara, a student at Washington High School, will be turning 16 next month. She lives at home and loves to be with her friends. Her IEP indicates that she has difficulty with reading and written communication. Kara and her mother recently participated in a team meeting that included Kara’s special education teacher, a vocational educator, the school principal, and a job coach. A job coach is generally an individual who accompanies an employee to a job, learns the essential functions of the job, and provides strategies and supports for the employee to do the job. The team reviewed the plans for making a transition to the community after Kara finishes high school. The priorities that the team identified were developing self-advocacy skills, considering postsecondary educational opportunities in the community, and completing applications for summer employment.
Based upon (Cohen & Spenciner, 2009, p. 469)
You will assume the role of one of the following characters: general education teacher, special education teacher, vocational educator, administrator, or job coach. Once this is determined, you will identify one of the following categories from the Life Centered Career Education (LCCE) transition categories: daily living skills, personal-social skills, or occupational guidance and preparation (Brolin, 1993).
Initial Post: In your initial post, you will:
- Describe, in non-education lingo, what your chosen LCCE category means.
- Identify three to five resources that your character could utilize to carry out the chosen transition category. Cite and annotate each one.
- Explain to Kara, her mother, and the rest of the transition team why you chose the resources.
- Based on your role as a member of the transition team, summarize how you plan to contribute to the shared decision-making and planning responsibilities for the transition team.
For further information about the LCCE transition services, please see the Career Education Curriculum section in Chapter 16 of your textbook (p. 486). Additionally, read the Instructor Guidance on Career Education Curriculum.
Cohen, L. G., & Spenciner, L. J. (2009). Teaching students with mild and moderate disabilities: Research-based practices. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Merrill Prentice Hall.
This text is a Constellation™ course digital materials (CDM) title.