1) Planning your resume discussion board
Make your list of three DOs and three DON’Ts for building a resume.
Write a list-introduction paragraph that you’ll put in front of your list to let the reader know a bit about your research journey and choices.
Be sure that for each item on your three DOs and three DON’Ts for building a resume list that you provide the URL to the original source. Let your readers follow in your footsteps if they want, going back to the source where you found the advice.
Your initial post must be at least 200 words long.
2) Thinking about Cover Letters
The cover letter provides information to link the applicant’s skills and experiences to the job ad in a more narrative (storytelling) fashion than is possible with a resume.
For this assignment, you’ll write your own Recommended Cover Letter Resources Guide, providing a brief summary of what each resource on your guide offers that you find potentially useful to people who need to write a cover letter template to use in the future.
For each source on your list, provide a brief but specific summary of what that resource offers that you find potentially useful to people who need to write a cover letter template to use in the future.
Checklist for your Recommended Cover Letter Resources Guide submission:
- List three Cover-letter-advice related sources,
- Provide a useful summary for each listed source, (This is where people often sacrifice points because their summary isn’t usefully specific.)
- Provide the URL (web address) for each, and
- Be at least 200 words long.