Development of the research prospectus is an iterative that lays the foundation for your dissertation. The research prospectus will also assist your dissertation chair in providing valuable feedback to guide you in your dissertation. This assignment is the next iteration of the research prospectus.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Locate and download the most recent version of the “Prospectus Template” in the DC Network (http://dc.gcu.edu). This document has helps and criteria information embedded to assist you in the completion of the prospectus.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center. Only Word documents can be submitted to LopesWrite.
Complete a draft of the prospectus by first entering information from your 10 Key Strategic Points document into the prospectus template and then completing the additional sections of the template according to the helps and criteria presented in each section of the template. The draft should include revised information for the following sections of the prospectus:
- Background of the Problem
- Theoretical Foundations and Review of the Literature/Themes
- Problem Statement
- Research Question(s) and Phenomenon or Research Questions, Hypotheses, and Variables
- Significance of the Study
- Rationale for Methodology
Be sure to synthesize into the prospectus draft all feedback given by instructor on your previous draft.
Awesome job with this assignment. You picked out all of the components for the prospectus perfectly. There is an issue with alignment in your document as you state you will use a correlational design, but you indicate you will use an ANOVA which is used to determine differences among groups. The ANOVA was not correct. You will need to fix this. You also do not attempt to analyze multiple variables for the correlation unless you will be using a multiple linear regression.