Assignment 4: Air Traffic Control System
Consider the following goal model fragment for an air traffic control system shown below. (See attached) The parent goal roughly states that aircraft routes should be sufficiently separated. The refinement is intended to produce sub-goals for continually separating routes based on different kinds of conflict among routes.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
1. Analyze the parent goal of the Maintain [SufficientRouteSeparation] node.
2. Restructure and redraw the provided model fragment, by use of the decomposition-by-case and milestone-driven patterns, so that the use of both patterns are explicit and separated. Use Visio or an equivalent such as Dia. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
3. Determine the incompleteness in the provided model fragment and fix the anomaly. Explain what the anomaly is and propose a way for it to be rectified.
4. Determine the goals, in your completed diagram, that require further refinement and explain why.
5. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
• Include charts or diagrams created in Visio or an equivalent such as Dia. The completed diagrams/charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Describe the process and develop a system behavioral model based on requirements gathered.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in requirements engineering.
• Write clearly and concisely about topics related to Requirements Engineering using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.