Careers in Education (Packback Question)
GCU is committed to the long-term success of its graduates. Part of being successful is finding a fulfilling and viable career. The purpose of this assignment is to help you explore careers in the field of education that you might wish to pursue.
For this assignment, create a 10-15 slide PowerPoint presentation for high school students about the costs and benefits of obtaining a degree in education. Research a job within the field of education in which you would be interested. The PowerPoint presentation should include the following:
- A description of this job in education including the qualifications and expected salary.
- An explanation of the reasons you have chosen this particular job.
- A summary of your educational costs over the course of your program and how it compares with the salary you identified.
- A summary from the readings that will help you take control of your finances.
- List one budgeting strategy you will incorporate, now or in the future.
- Options for funding higher education aside from student loans.
Include a title slide and a reference slide (title and reference slides do not count in slide total) that contains 2-3 resources from the required readings, the GCU Library, and/or your state’s department of education and local education providers.
While GCU style format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using documentation guidelines, which can be found in the GCU Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. Use the “T7-Template” to complete the assignment successfully.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
Review the information on the United States Department of Labor Occupational Outlook Handbook for Special Education Teachers.
In 250-500 words, describe some of the various roles of special education teachers. Provide at least two examples of people with whom they might collaborate. Additionally, describe the role that special education teachers have as advocates for students with disabilities.
Careers in Early Childhood
This assignment will require you to research and complete a minimum of two self-assessment online surveys. Again, you will NOT be required to purchase or pay any fees for these self-assessment online surveys and it is mandatory to watch the “Self-Assessment” videos that are found in the Lesson Content folder prior to starting your research and work for this assignment.
The results and information retrieved from completing these free online self-assessment surveys will provide you the information needed to complete your personal SWOT and course project assignment for this module. The minimum requirement for completion is two online self-assessment surveys, but the more you complete, the more data and information you will have to work with and utilize for your modular assignments and overall personal and professional growth.
To complete your assignment, please take a screenshot of the results from your online self-assessment surveys and paste them in a Microsoft Word document to submit to the dropbox. Remember, this assignment requires a minimum completion of two online self-assessment surveys along with their respective screenshots of their completion.
If you need assistance with taking a screenshot, please use this reference source: http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/
This module is examining personal traits and characteristics such as strengths and weaknesses, interests, and skills. After taking online self-assessment surveys (as demonstrated in the lecture video) to assess your personal traits, interests and characteristics, please take a moment and reflect on the results. In 2-3 pages, discuss the following aspects based on these results:
- Do you think the survey results were accurate overall? Why or why not.
- What specific survey assessment and result did you think was most insightful and/or surprised you and why?
- Did the survey outcomes match to your desired healthcare profession or professions? Why or why not? Which healthcare profession discussed in this course do you think your survey results match best with and why?
- Do the results of these surveys influence your overall desired healthcare profession? Why or why not?
- Please provide any other thoughts or comments that you may have regarding this experience and/or survey results.
Your paper should be 2-3 pages in length, have proper grammar and spelling, and utilize APA format with a cover page and reference page (if references are utilized).
Week 3 Assignment – Careers in Food and Beverage
The following articles provide an overview of the various responsibilities of managers that are commonly found in the hospitality and tourism industry.
Write a 4–5 page paper in which you: PLEASE TYPE 5 PAGES…THANK YOU!
- Describe the various types of management careers that can be offered within each industry (lodging, and food & beverage).
- Compare and contrast the differences between the General Management (GM) positions within the two industries.
- Analyze and describe the growth in overall employment within these two industries and how this overall growth is forecasted within the next 10 years.
- Recommend at least three human resource practices in which each industry can better recruit and retain management talent for their respective industry.
THE ARTICLES/ASSIGNMENT ARE ATTACHED. PLEASE TYPE 5 PAGES…THANK YOU!