You have been invented to be a guest blogger for the blog series, Understanding Capitalism. Recruited for your expertise with the history of economic thought, your blog should:
- Describe capitalism as an economic system by presenting specific examples of the mode of life.
- Efficiency and equity are two of the criteria used by neoclassical economists to evaluate economic outcomes. Select eitherefficiency orequity and evaluate capitalism’s success (or lack of) in achieving this criteria.
- Define, integrate, articulate, and apply the ideas of oneof the following economists: Smith orPolanyi to your analysis of efficiency or equity.
- Excellent blog posts with present a clear and coherent discussion of capitalism and efficiency orcapitalism and equity (i.e., you are not just listing ideas, but your blog has a thesis and you lay out arguments to support it while meeting assignment guidelines.)
- Your blog should be 800-1000 words.
- Your blog is due on Monday April 29th.
- You should include citations where needed.
- Creativity in presentation is encouraged such as including pictures, graphs, etc.