Write a paper of at least 750 words that addresses the following points about your 3-day food intake:
- Recorded intake of protein, carbohydrates, and lipids
- Which foods in your recorded daily intake provide protein? Which provide carbohydrates? Which provide lipids?
- Review how your recorded protein, carbohydrate, and lipid intake compares with the recommendations of the dietary reference intake. If your recorded protein-carbohydrate-fat intake was too high or too low, which foods might you add or remove to achieve your goal and keep other nutrients in balance?
- Is the protein in each food you ate complete or incomplete, combining to become complementary? Why is this important?
- How much of your daily recommended protein, carbohydrates, and lipid intake did you achieve? If your macronutrient intake is insufficient or excessive, what might you do to bring it into the recommended range? Provide specific recommendations.
- Macronutrient intake ranges
- Is macronutrient intake within the recommended range important? What are the effects of too much or too little of a macronutrient? What happens if you consistently eat too little protein? What happens if you eat too few carbohydrates? What happens if you eat too few lipids?
- Fiber intake ranges
- Does your fiber total meet 100% of the recommendation for you as calculated at iProfile®?
- Does your diet meet the minimum number of servings of foods from each fiber-containing group? If not, which of the fiber-containing groups–fruits and vegetables–fell short of the recommended intake?
- Which specific foods provide the most fiber in your meals? Which provide the least? Identify trends in your food choices that might affect your fiber intakes.
- Dietary modifications
- What changes might you make to increase the fiber in your diet?
- How might insufficient or excessive amounts of proteins, carbohydrates, fats, or fiber contribute to health or illness? Provide examples.
- What have you learned about your diet?
Cite three references other than the course text.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Include an explanation on the links between theory and relevant examples.