This module/week has examined the political issues that surrounded the formation of the Constitution and the years of the early republic. The partisanship that developed during the first twelve years of the constitutional period often takes many students by surprise. Many of them think that the United States easily achieved greatness in its early years. What did you find most surprising in your course materials this module/week? Has it changed your thinking about America’s founders or about the modern political climate?
Personal Reflections Journal Instructions
Statement of Purpose or “Why Am I Doing This?”
For each Personal Reflections Journal, you will record your thoughts regarding the material covered in the assigned module/week as it relates to a specific prompt, encouraging you to engage more deeply with particular aspects of the course. The journals are intended to direct your attention to aspects of history that may be overlooked or surprising.
Completing This Assignment:
· You will be provided with a prompt each module/week that will guide your journal entry.
· Your entry must engage directly with the prompt and with the appropriate course materials for the module/week.
· Give enough detail in your entry to clearly explain your thoughts and provide examples where necessary.
· Use references from the course material—citations of the MindTap e-text readings and appropriate presentations, articles, and websites are required.
· Any reference must be cited completely using current Turabian format.
· Each of your journal entries must be 200–300 words.
· You must use complete sentences and adhere to the standards of grammar, spelling, punctuation, and capitalization expected at this level of academic work. Review the Writing Tips document to avoid common errors in academic work.
· The use of first person is acceptable for this assignment.
· Each of your Personal Reflections Journals must be completed after you have completed your other assignments and reviewed the assigned Reading & Study material.
Submit Personal Reflections Journals 1–7 by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Monday of the assigned modules/weeks. Submit Personal Reflections Journal 8 by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Friday of Module/Week 8.