Module 09: Critical Thinking
Patient Access Problems
Evaluate the healthcare organizational cultural changes that have come about because of the Health Information System (HIS) innovations and new technologies being adopted in Saudi Arabia by researching a minimum of four peer-reviewed articles on this topic. Discuss what you have researched and found about engaging the staff in the planning and implementation of these systems. What value do you think that the clinical staff can add to help these implementations to be more successful in the effort to provide more efficient and effective patient care?
Outline for the written assignment:
- Organizational Culture Change
- HIS Innovations in Saudi Arabia
- Staff Engagement in Planning and Implementation
- Realizing Information Technology Success
- Recommendations for Efficient and Effective Patient Care
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be 4 pages in length, which does not include the title and required reference pages, which are never a part of the content minimum requirements.
- Use Saudi Electronic University academic writing standards and APA style guidelines.
- Support your submission with course material concepts, principles, and theories from the textbook and at least two scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Review the grading rubric to see how you will be graded for this assignment. Reach out to your instructor if you have questions about the assignment.
Provide support for your statements with in-text citations from a minimum of four scholarly, peer-reviewed articles. Two of these sources may be from the class readings, textbook, or lectures, but the others must be external. The Saudi Digital Library is a good place to find these sources and should be your primary resource for conducting research.
You are strongly encouraged to submit all assignments to the Turnitin Originality Check prior to submitting them to your instructor for grading. If you are unsure how to submit an assignment to the Originality Check tool, review the Turnitin Originality Check Student Guide.