Most people don’t give a second thought to the soccer ball’s journey to the pitch – it’s safe to say though, that just as much careful supply chain planning and hard work goes into making the ball as training the players. Please review the case study at the reference below by Karsten Horn.
Horn, K.(2014, June 12). The Amazing supply chain of the 2014 World Cup Soccer Ball. Retrieved from http://www.supplychain247.com/article/the_amazing_supply_chain_of_the_2014_world_cup_soccer_ball/case_studies
This is a relatively simple case study, but it will give you an idea of how important it is for companies to develop an efficient and optimum supply chain system for serving the customers and business success.
- Review and analyze the implementation of supply chain management system by Adidas, and the outcomes.
- Provide your thoughts on how you would measure the performance of a supply-chain.
- Identify various steps/functions in supply chain management and provide value analysis for each.
- What recommendations would you make for improving it further?
- Use the information provided in the Background readings. Do any additional research as necessary.
- Review the information in the case study and become familiar with the supply chain management.
- There is no set response to the Case questions, so do not hesitate to think outside the box.
- It is essential to provide a well-written paper with detailed analysis.
READ the information provided by the resources and references on the Background page. Understand the importance of supply chain management and its link to operations strategy.
NOTE: Cite the references in the Background, as well as additional references you use in your Case paper.
The report should be 5–6 pages and submitted by the Module due date.