JonBenet Ramsey Murder Case and Crime Scene Management Analysis Annotated Bibliography
You were informed of the Annotated Bibliography in Week One although it is not due until Week Three. This will enable you to thoughtfully consider how you will approach the Summative Assignment. Prior to beginning work on this assignment carefully review requirements for the Summative Assignment.
The purpose of this assignment is to assist you in developing research analysis skills including critical thinking, writing, and literature research skills. This annotated bibliography assignment will provide you with an opportunity to locate resources for your Crime Scene Management Analysis in Week Six. (There is a Sample Annotated Bibliography in the Ashford Writing Center for additional assistance.)
The resources you identify for this Annotated Bibliography will be used to enhance your knowledge of the techniques of crime scene management and to support the Summative Assessment. Each resource must address at least one of the topics listed below. Further, each of the below topics must be addressed at least once within your five selected resources. The resources you identify for this assignment must cover the following:
· Explain how to process and retrieve trace evidence relative to the JonBenet Ramsey Murder.
· Evaluate accepted methodologies employed in contemporary crime scene management with the methodologies employed at the JonBenet Ramsey Murder scene.
· Analyze commonly accepted forensic techniques and contemporary specialized techniques relative to the JonBenet Ramsey Murder.
· Examine judicial expectations and requirements relative to the admittance of evidence collected by forensic crime scene investigators as they relate to the JonBenet Ramsey Murder.
For this annotated bibliography research a minimum of five sources in total including at least one each of the following types: peer-reviewed articles, scholarly resources, and professional resources that are considered to have reliable information. (Professional resources exclude popular news sources e.g., Newsweek, Time, People, New York Times, and any television news source and online open sourced materials like Wikipedia.) At least two of your sources must be from the Ashford University Library.
The Annotated Bibliography must include the following for each source:
· Create a complete APA formatted citation.
· Create an annotation that summarizes the information provided in the full article; 100 – 150 per annotation.
Address the following elements while synthesizing this information:
· The author(s)
· The purpose of the article (e.g., an experimental study was completed investigating the interaction of short-term memory and attention.)
· A description of the subjects of the article
· Conclusions drawn from the article
· Contributions to the literature (e.g., new findings, applications, etc.)
· The relevance to the Summative Assessment
JonBenet Ramsey Murder Case and Crime Scene Management Analysis Annotated Bibliography:
· Must include a title and references pages formatted according to APA style