Its 2 parts to this Assignment: Part 1
The purpose of this assignment is to have students familiarize themselves with the NAEYC standards which are nationally recognized in education and leads educational policy. By familiarizing themselves with the standards and position statements of this organization, students become more informed, intentional, politically active, and effective educators.
- Read the NAEYC standards, and specifically become familiar with Standard 6 provided below:
- Identifying and involving oneself with the early childhood field
- Knowing about and upholding ethical standards and other early childhood professional guidelines
- Engaging in continuous, collaborative learning to inform practice, using technology effectively with young children, with peers, and as a professional resource
- Integrating knowledgeable, reflective, and critical perspectives on early education
- Engaging in informed advocacy for young children and the early childhood profession
- Use the each of the descriptors (the 5 bulleted items above) to create a table that includes: Each standard descriptor, a list of three specific activities that teachers can implement to support each descriptor. These activities must be research-based, and you must cite your references in Part 3 of this assignment.
- Write an essay discussing:
- An explanation of what NAEYC Standard 6 encompasses and why this standard is important in the field of early childhood education
- An analysis of each descriptor and how each can be conveyed in the classroom setting
- A detailed, written explanation of the three activities for each descriptor from your table in Step 2
Your essay should be 1250-1500 words and should include at least four (4) citations. The sections should be clearly marked with headings so that your instructor knows which points you are addressing. Follow the guidelines for APA writing style. The title page and references page so not count towards the minimum word amount for this assignment.
Part 2 Assignment:
By the end of the week students will compose a research-based essay and informational brochure focusing on definitional issues and developmental processes. This essay must be in APA format with a minimum of 3 professional references.
Part 1: Essay- Definitional Issues and Developmental Processes
- Explain the Individual Differences in Development
- Summarize the Principles of Development
Your essay should be 1250-1500 words and should include at least three (3) citations. The sections should be clearly marked with headings so that your instructor knows which points you are addressing. Follow the guidelines for APA writing style. The title page and references page do not count towards the minimum word amount for this assignment.
Part 2: Brochure
Create a research-based, informational brochure for expectant mothers that focuses on ‘Typical Development’ from the text to include:
- Major developmental milestones from each of the developmental domains
- Nutritional influence for a developing fetus
- Potential factors that could influence the growing fetus
Be sure to use all six panel areas on the brochure wisely and include a solid balance between text and graphics. At least two (2) references must be included on this brochure