argeting and Positioning
This course has major project assignments due in Week 3 and Week 5. It will take more than a week’s effort to adequately complete them. Plan time to start the research and work on those assignments earlier than the week in which they are due.
Consider a product which you have recently purchased and answer the following questions:
- Assess how advertising influenced your recent purchase. How did it make you aware of the product? (include the advertisement or link to the brand’s web site)
- Based on your knowledge of the brand, who is the target market? In your analysis, consider the four sets of consumer characteristics which influence what people consume and how they respond to marketing communications.
- Evaluate how the brand is positioned in the marketplace. What benefits and attributes are associated with the brand?
- How can three different brands be positioned relative to each other in a target market? For example, as a part of the fast-food industry, compare McDonald’s, Wendy’s, and Burger King. What variables do you feel are the most important for positioning and differentiating these fast-food restaurants in the market? Why do you feel these variables are so important?
- Submit your plan in a 3 PAGES