Children’s access to high quality programs in the United States is influenced by the state in which they live. For this discussion, visit the Children’s Defense Fund website and access the Children in the States Factsheet 2015 for South Carolina and North Carolina. Find data for the following for the two states:
- Number of children in poverty.
- One fact pertaining to child health.
- One fact pertaining to early childhood education.
- One interesting statistic that you gained from the data.
For your initial post,
- Create a graphic representation (e.g., chart, table, or graph) that clearly illustrates differences in the selected statistics between your state and the other state you chose. You are encouraged to use Chart, Table, or SmartArt features in Word or Excel to create your graphic. Here is an example:
- In the written part of your post, analyze your findings to interpret what the data you provided tells us about the appropriateness of childcare services relative to the other state. Justify your analysis by providing a comparison between the funding, percentage of students served, and percentage of identified poor children based on the data for the two states.
- Provide two to three specific recommendations for families to access quality childcare in your community. Also, locate two organizations that can aid families in identifying quality care.