From the article in this week’s reading, “Web 1.0 was characterized by the existence of passive web-sites and applications providing information. Web 2.0 is associated with web applications that facilitate participatory information sharing, interoperability, user-centered design and collaboration on the WWW.”
- Discuss this shift in the Internet in terms of constructivism and implications for using technology in the classroom.
- Points to consider (address at least two of these):
- Classroom resources.
- Student view of technology (social tool, educational tool, something that is new and cool to use, etc.).
- Student interaction with technology.
- Opportunities to use technology in the classroom.
- Connecting with students outside the classroom.
link for article: https://www.academia.edu/3694891/Plato_s_Allegory_of_the_Cave_in_the_Digital_Era_of_the_Internet_Web_2.0_Applications_Social_Networks_and_Second_Life_An_Educational_Political_and_Social_Interpretation