The Russian Revolution and the Rise of Dictators / Between Two Fires
Terms to define / People to Know
Leon Trotsky Fascists Benito Mussolini
Mohandas Gandhi Mustafa Kemal (Attaturk)
1. Why did Russia make a separate peace treaty with Germany in World War I?
2. The Bolsheviks slogan called for revolution on the part of:
3. Explain how Stalin, Hitler, and Mussolini exemplify the Key Traits of Totalitarianism
4. The outbreak of what disease followed immediately after WWI? What was the result?
5. What new technology, popularized between the two World Wars, brought world events more directly into people’s daily lives?
6. Why were people in Italy and Germany so willing to accept the dictators that rose to power in their countries in the 1920s and 1930s?
7. Why did governments become increasingly involved in their national economies after WWI?
8. How did economic depressions in major world power nations impact less developed parts of the world?
9. List Hitler’s main goals in Germany.
10. Both Hitler and Mussolini sponsored large, military style youth leagues that encouraged what characteristics?
11. Starting in the 1920s, Japan began militaristic expansion in Asia. Where did they invade and why did they do so?
12. The League of Nations’ response to Japan’s aggression in Manchuria proved …
13. Outline the progress of Nationalist movements in China, India, and Turkey between the World Wars.
World War II and the Holocaust
Terms to define / People to Know
Scorched earth policy kamikaze Erwin Rommel
Winston Churchill Benito Mussolini Franklin D. Roosevelt
Charles de Gaulle Douglas MacArthur Dwight D. Eisenhower
appeasement Neville Chamberlin Harry S. Truman
Bernard Montgomery Rescue at Dunkirk Island Hopping
Genocide anti-Semitism Kristallnacht
1. What German action finally caused Britain and France to declare war?
2. What was the “phony war”?
3. What was agreed in the Nazi-Soviet Nonaggression Pact?
4. After the fall of France, a puppet government was set up in the city of
5. What city was the target of a Nazi “blitz” for 57 straight nights?
6. The United States was able to help its allies and still remain neutral through what three policies?
7. What event led to the United States entry into the war?
8. D-Day refers to what event?
9. Explain what is meant by the term “Turning Point Battle.” Be able to site and explain examples.
10. What was the main factor in Germany’s inability to take Moscow?
11. Where were atomic bombs dropped in Japan and in what order?
12. The Soviet victory at which city is viewed as a major turning point in the war?
13. Capturing the island of _______ allowed the Allies to fly bombing raids over Japan.
14. The major people involved in the conference at Potsdam were:
15. What important principle was established by the Nuremburg Trials?
16. In addition to Jews, what groups were targeted for extermination in the Holocaust?
17. At which concentration camp did the most successful escape take place?
18. What country was successful in evacuating most of the Jewish people from their country before Hitler took over?
19. Explain several ways that European colonies became involved in WWII.
Terms to define / People to Know:
Super Powers De-Stalinization Mao Zedong
Berlin Airlift Berlin Blockade Berlin Wall Torn Down
Marshall Plan NATO Established Containment
Iron Curtain Reunification of Germany Yalta Conference
Satellite Potsdam Conference Soviet Bloc
Nuclear Arms Limitations (SALT / INF Treaties)
1. What was the name of the plan to rebuild economic stability in Europe?
2. What was the central conflict of the Cold War? Explain the major concerns of Western Europe and the United States in post-WWII Europe.
3. Both the Soviets and the United States sought to expand their influence in non-western nations. What methods did they use?
4. Name and explain the policies implemented by Mikhail Gorbachev to increase freedoms and opportunity in the Soviet Union.
Crisis of the Modern World
Ho Chi Minh decolonization Tiananmen Square
1. Describe the rise of Turkey to a modern nation after the collapse of the Ottoman in Empire in 1916.
2. How did many Asian and African countries achieve independence?
3. How would you characterize the relationship between Israel and other Middle Eastern nations?
4. What factors led to the partition of Pakistan and India?
5. How has the issue of nuclear capability added complexity to international relations?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more