1) Read or view the first 5 items listed in Course Content, Week 7 Resources. Let’s talk a bit about the foundations laid by Newton, Einstein, Edison, and Tesla. Share some thoughts on what one of these individuals (or others you noted) did, what others thought of their work, and how their work may have led to changes in views. Be sure to provide facts from our readings/videos to back up your comments.
https://youtu.be/ONbXccGsud4 (resource to answer number 1)
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/physics/einstein-on-newton.html (resource to answer number 1)
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/physics/ancestors-einstein.html (resource to answer number 1)
http://energy.gov/edison-vs-tesla (resource to answer number 1)
2) Read items #6 and #7 in Week 7 Resources and let’s talk about the impact the advances we discussed in topic one had on the average person and on those studying science. Be sure to read your classmates’ postings so you don’t repeat what’s already been said.
http://www.americanheritage.com/content/less-work-mother (In order to answer number 2)
https://youtu.be/DOo92Vu9PZo (in order to answer number 2)
3) Check out the final two OERs in the Week 8 resources, one video and one reading. Then let’s talk a bit about what is meant by unintended consequences in Tenner’s Ted Talk and how the four major cultural resources, identified by Bohme, have impacted technological progress. Again, there’s a lot to say about this so read other postings and avoid repeats.
http://www.ted.com/talks/edward_tenner_unintended_consequences (resource for number 3)
http://www.stonybrook.edu/globalhistory/PDF/CulturalResourcesforTechnologicalProgress.pdf (resource for number 3)
Respond to these three statements/opinions below
1) The development of microelectronics by the United States was prompted by the launch of Russian satellite Sputnik in 1957. Microelectronics is the technology used in several computer devices such as the laptop, personal and handheld computers. The creation of this technology was rushed because of America’s competitiveness and need to be just as innovated as Russia and not be viewed as weak. The Sputnik created such a huge stir within science, technology, engineering and the military, that it spurred America to develop other vital technologies. In addition to microelectronics, the US also developed the Internet which is used worldwide today.
2) The International Business Machines corporation (IBM) is located in America where the first IBM computer 5150 was produced in 1981 and the cost was about $1500. The development of computer over time has been tremendous—from the local computer to flat monitor computers to smart or hand touch computers. Computers today do have sophisticated IBM approved motherboard, operating systems, network cards, power cable, cooling fans, monitors, BIOS, keyboard and mouse. Apart from computers made by IBM, direct competitors did emerged like Dell, HP, ASUS, Macintosh and Compaq. They have been a major improvement from the normal desktop computer to a laptop which so many people use as a mobile device.
The presence of computers, laptops and mobile phones have created the opportunity to do most transactions using the online interphase. Individuals could now buy products, chat, post pictures, and read the news by browsing the web.
3) Ruth Schwartz Cowan laid out the impact of the industrial revolution from its origin to the present society. We all know how the society today have changed and is still changing as compared to the society of the past–18th century. The author was more concerned with the daily evolution of humans from their tradition habit to more modernized and sophisticated way of life. Our way of life is different from that of the past because we now use bulbs that are lid by electricity, we cook on stoves, we wash our clothes in washers, have printers and computers to do home work. These facilities where not available in those days; people had to wash clothes on stones, cook with wood, sleep on the floor and eat uncooked food. Things have really changed today because of the industrial revolution.
Sometimes, I think that the impact of the industrial revolution is not fair, because some countries in the world today still live as if they are in the 17th century. Like in Rwanda, India, Philippines and more. They still lack these basic necessities that the developed world is enjoying because of the industrial revolution.
At least 1-2 paragraphs. No plagarism!
For kim only
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more