Examination#2 (English 298) Name ____________________________________
Answer to the best of your ability each of the following questions.
1. Select TWO principles of leadership from the story of Joshua (as found in Joshua chapters 1-7) and answer the following question: As king how effectively or ineffectively did David follow these principles? Why? (For support refer where relevant to I and II Samuel, Psalms 22, 23 and 38.)
2.Identify ONE similarity among the personalities of Saul, David, and Solomon – either positive or negative. Then identify ONE difference among the three personalities – either positive or negative.
3.Select one of the following characters and say something specific about her relationship to Yahweh and to the man/men in her life: Hannah, Bathsheba, Rabah.
4.Identify at least TWO real turning points in the life of ONE of the following characters, and then discuss their impact upon you as a reader: Joshua, Samuel, Eli, Hannah, Bathsheba, Jonathan.
5. Identify ONE principle of Hebraic Literary Style in each of the following books: Exodus, Joshua, I and II Samuel, I Kings.
6. Identify THREE differences between the judicial and monarchical periods of biblical history.
7. From your readings in Exodus, Joshua, I and II Samuel, I Kings, Psalms and Proverbs, list TEN new insights (since our readings in Genesis) that you have gained into the character and/or will of Yahweh (during the burning bush episode with episode, this is the name God gives for Himself – I AM WHO I AM, transliterated as YHWH/Yahweh).
8. Discuss at least five facts that you have learned about the early cultural and religious history of Judaism from the readings in Exodus, Joshua, I and II Samuel, I Kings, and Proverbs.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more